One of the perks of your NEWoM membership is a timely posting on our NEWoM Facebook page. We are happy to do this for you, but do request you follow the following procedures.
In order to post, we ask that you:
1. Be a member of our Facebook community;
2. LIKE the Facebook post that was put up on your behalf.
3. SHARE the Facebook post that was put up on your behalf.
We are all about networking and this is a simple yet important part of our mission.
HOW TO POST
1. DO email member Suzanna Gratz at suzanna@inspiringpromotions.
2. DO allow 24-48 hours for your announcement to post on FB.
3. DON’T post it on FB yourself or it will go to the sidebar.
4. DO repeat your request when you want it listed more than once by resubmitting the original request. Do not request ‘send this now and send it in a week.’
5. Do send one request at a time.
6. Read the instructions below or contact NEWoM member Suzanna Gratz with questions.
Please use an image that follows the SQUARE or SLIGHTLY HORIZONTAL image requirement. If using an image, do not use any with small text as it won’t be seen. A printed flyer is not a proper use of Facebook. If no image is provided, your NEWoM headshot will be used instead.
Here is an example of a great post EXCEPT it has no address!
DO email the post as text in the body of the email.
DON’T make it a pdf/jpg attachment that has to be retyped.
KEEP IT SHORT! For example:
SAVE THE DATE
Date of the event
Start and end time of the event
1-2 sentences with details of the event
Website link or phone number
Send a link for readers to learn more by visiting your site (or a relevant site). If you don’t have a website, put up to four sentences and how people need to take advantage of what you are offering. If you need a website built, LMK and we can have one up for you in a few weeks.
4. FOR EVENTS:
Start every post with “SAVE THE DATE”, list the day of the week, date, time, location, then the “TITLE” and two concise intro sentences explaining only the most relevant information. Then provide a link to your site’s promo page, if you have one.
5. FOR SPECIALS:
Start every post with something like “NEWoM Exclusive Special” or something like that. then again, two sentences and a link to your site, where you promote it further and have contact information.
6. AFTER THE POST GOES UP:
As a courtesy to all the NEWoM members, once you are notified that your post is up, take the time to go back on to the FB page, and both LIKE and SHARE it.
We all joined NEWoM to network and share our talents with the world. It would be GREAT if we could all do our part to make our facebook page much more active, interactive and interesting. So please, when you are on your FB page, go to our FB page and like and share your fellow member’s posts.