BY-LAWS OF NETWORKING ENTREPRENEURIAL WOMEN Of MARIN
Abbreviated articles listed below. To see the entire document, please click HERE.
Name: This organization shall be known as: Networking Entrepreneurial Women of Marin; dba N.E.W. of Marin, hereinafter known as the Association, and shall be established as an unincorporated non-profit association in the State of California.
Board of Directors
1. The Board of Directors (the Board) shall consist of a minimum of three (3) and a maximum of seven (7) members by decision of the Board, who shall serve for a term of two years. Initial Board members were: Andrea Devaux, Jeanne Pieters, Margaret Root, and Wendy Lyon. Andrea Devaux shall serve as the initial Chair of the Board.
2. The Board Shall ensure that the non-profit status of the Association is maintained and that the activities of the Association are non-political and in keeping with the Association’s mission and purpose.
3. Initial Board members consist of the co-founders of the Association. If a Board member is not able to complete their term the remaining Board members may name a replacement. In the future Board members may be elected by a majority vote at official membership meetings where a quorum of the members in good standing is present.
4. Board members shall serve for a two year term and shall not be compensated for their service on the Board. Board members shall be permitted to serve a maximum of three consecutive terms on the Board.
5. Board decisions will be made by majority vote with ties decided by the Chair of the Board. A quorum shall consist of a majority of Board members and no action may be taken by the Board unless a quorum is present. A majority vote of the Board may remove a member or officer of the Board.
6. The Board shall meet quarterly either in person or by a conference call in which every participant can hear the other participants and be fully heard when speaking.
7. The Board shall appoint standing or special purpose committees as needed or desired.
8. The Board shall appoint standing or special purpose committees as needed or desired.
9. The Board shall review the Treasurer’s quarterly and year-end financial reports. The fiscal year of the Association shall be the calendar year.
10. A Board member with a personal or financial interest in any matter pending before the Board shall disclose the nature of the personal or financial interest to the other Board members and excuse herself from discussion and voting on such matter.
11. The Board meetings shall be confidential as regards any discussions relating to specific sensitive matters involving the Association or individual members.
These By-Laws may be amended by proposing an amendment at any meeting of the Board. The proposed amendment may be adopted by a two-thirds vote of the members of the Board present as long as a quorum of Board members is present.