NEW of Marin supports the business growth of its members through networking and education. Our members inspire, praise, teach, entertain and support one another. We share wisdom and make referrals to help members grow our businesses.
NEW of Marin promotes the development of female entrepreneurs and is dedicated to:
- Maximizing women’s contribution to the local and global economy
- Giving our members public speaking opportunities
- Providing public acknowledgment by other members when we use each others products or services
- Supporting local charities that help the interests of young women in our community
March 12 @ 6:00pm features NEW of Marin Member:
The recently enacted Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) is a sweeping tax package.
Are you wondering how your taxes will be affected? Virtually all taxpayers are affected by changes in this Tax Reform Bill.
Come and join us to hear Mirka talk about some of the more important elements of the new laws that have an impact on the individual taxpayers. Some of the highlights you will hear about are:
1. Changes to itemized deductions
2. Qualified business income deduction
BIO: Mirka is a CPA with over 20 years of experience in the accounting and tax field. She is a graduate of the Hass School of Business at UC Berkeley. She started her career at Deloitte & Touche in the San Francisco office before transferring to local Marin based CPA firm. She works with a variety of clients including not only individuals and businesses but also trusts, estates and non-profit organizations. She also works with individual with foreign tax issues such as foreign citizens living and working in the USA or US individuals working abroad. THIS is a NOT to be missed speaker!